{One of my favorite pictures of Payton. He always did the perfect thing for the camera! What a sweetheart!}June 30th, 1999 had to be the best day of my life. The day I became a mother to a perfect little baby boy. We planned on naming this little baby Tate. But, for some reason the moment they placed him in my arms I uttered... "He's not a Tate, he's a Payton.". Then I looked at Mike and said, "Where did that come from????" Payton??? Never even considered it for a boy! So, after a 3 day hospital stay and much contemplating about his name, we signed his official papers 2 minutes before we walked out and I went with the feeling that his name was meant to be Payton... and I'm not sure why!
{ Payton's first day of Kindergarten. A very emotional day for me! My baby left the house everyday for the first time! }
Payton has been a complete joy! For 5 years he was our only child and our lives revolved around this little guy. I found myself smiling at him and almost welling up with tears all of the time as he did exact gestures and things that I did when I was a kid. My dad always called him, "Boy Angie". He really was! He looked just like me when I was kid! His mannerisms were exactly the same! Now, he's starting to show more traits of Mike, but for a while there he was my clone!
{Payton meeting Andre Kirilenko. One of his idols. Although, I keep telling him that Korver is way better looking! Haha!}I can't believe it's been 9 years! I'm sad that he's halfway to being an adult and I'm halfway done raising him! I hope the next 9 years will be as wonderful as the first 9 years. I look forward to knowing him as a teenager and eventually as a man and dad himself. He's a special kid and we love him so much!
{Me and My Perfect Little Payton}9 Reasons I LOVE Payton!
1. He's a pleaser. He really wants to make everyone happy and to always do what's right.
2. He's very responsible. I can trust Payton to do things that I wouldn't ask most 14-year-olds. He really has a good sense of judgement and is very responsible.
3. He is an awesome big brother to his two little brothers. He loves them and although he can tease them relentlessly... he really takes care of them.
4. He's a good student. I don't mean just grades. He's smart as a whip. But, I never have to worry about him getting into trouble at school. His teachers always tell me how he is the perfect student. That makes me so proud!
5. I love how Payton is just like me! It's funny, he didn't know me as a kid... but he does the EXACT things I used to. For example: His teacher told me that he always does his math work a day ahead. Then the next day he can pull out his book and say, "I'm done!". I laughed when she told me. I told her, "I used to do the same thing!". We have so many quirks about us that are identical!
6. I love that Payton has such a sensitive spirit. He really is special. I have many journal entries about things he's said as a young child that have confirmed my testimony. I feel blessed that I have been trusted to be his mother. Not sure why... but I feel blessed!
7. Payton is fun. He really is a fun kid. He enjoys life and looks forward to each day.
8. I love that Payton is a good role model in our family. Not only for his brothers, but for his parents. He's always reminding us to do prayers and kindly reprimanding us when we use colorful language! We admire him in so many ways!
9. I love Payton because he's mine! I think he's the neatest 9-year-old on Earth! I couldn't have picked a more perfect son!

Good thing I get to marry him off to one of my daughters :-) I just don't know which one yet. I think Haley has had a crush on him for quite a while now. So cute!
ReplyDeleteI loved that post! Happy Birthday Payton!! In the little time that I have known Payton I have really been impressed with him. You are right, he is a people pleaser and is so mature for his age. In primary all I have to do is ask them to listen..and he is the only one who will mind!! Such a doll!!
ReplyDeleteBecky
That was a cute post. If your like me, it was yesterday that you were holding them wrapped in a blanket. And now all of a sudden they are all grown up. He sound like such a good boy.
ReplyDeleteHe is such a cute boy. I love the post, it is a cute way to celebrate his birthday!
ReplyDeleteSince Paige is going to get Payton as a son-in-law, I'm taking dibs on Tate.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute post. Payton is a good kid! I hope that my Rowen will be the kind of kid Payton is.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAYTON!!!
Happy Birthday Payton!!! We LOVE you!!! Joey and Eddie
ReplyDelete