
The Temple
Meeting Elder Jeffery Holland at the Liberty Jail!
Seeing my Aunt Ina Lee for the first time in 18 months! She and her husband Jerry are serving a mission at Liberty Jail and the Visitor's Center in Independence. They showed us many sites in the area. It was exciting seeing my grandma reunite with her sister!
Me and Grandma Cleo visiting a museum that showcased all the artifacts from a boat that wrecked and sunk in the 1850's. It was discovered about 15 years ago. They have been digging up all the cargo on it. Because there was no oxygen underground, everything preserved quite well. There was dishes, tools, perfume, food and so much more! It was so interesting! They are still cleaning things that they have found from this riverboat!



We had lunch at Far West. We saw the cornerstones that were laid many years ago under the direction of Joseph Smith. It was a very peaceful place.
All of us at Adam-Ondi-Ahman. This is one of my favorite places. It is amazing! The Spirit is so strong here!
Here is a photo of me with my family.
Kim-cousin, Beverly-Great Aunt, Jerry-Great Uncle, Ina Lee-Great Aunt, Cleo-My Grandma, Me, Aimee-Cousin and Kathy-Cousin. I'm assuming Jenny, my Great Aunt is taking the picture and Ginger (her sister) is MIA!
This photo was taken on a rock that it is recorded that Joseph would stand on to preach to the church members. It is in Adam-Ondi-Ahman. Of course, I can't remember the name of it now. But, it was neat to think that we were standing somewhere the prophet had preached from!
Carthage Jail
Absolultely amazing! While in there the sister missionary asked us to sing "Praise to the Man.". I was in awe! The Spirit was stronger than I had ever felt before! It truly is a special place.
"The Hart House"
The home that we stayed in. It was the cutest home ever! I wanted to live there forever! The view... the temple. See the next picture of me and Granmda Cleo taken from the front porch.
Me and Granmda Cleo headed to the temple. Grandma did her endowments while we were there. A wonderful experience. I'm so happy for my grandma! She is the neatest, sweetest person I know. I love her so much!
We enjoyed spending the days discovering history from long ago, the nights staying up playing games and late night chats with each other. We also took in incredible thunder and lightning storms every night! A few tornado watches... but we were safe! We had a wonderful time and I hope that we will do it again! To all my cousins, aunts and of course Grandma Cleo... I love you! I will forever treasure our vacation together and the bonds we have made!

looks like you had so much fun! So many cool things to see...you and grandma cleo look so cute! love ya!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a WONDERFUL trip you had. I am so happy for grandma Cleo. I loved working with her. She truley is one of the neatest people I know and I am not even biased like you. I have been to some of those pleaces but my goal is to get to all of them. thanks for sharing those fun pix
ReplyDeleteVery cool. I went when I graduated high school. It was so fun and I want to go back so badly.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had an awesome time. I want to go there so bad. I think Lindsey and I will have to plan are own trip since our husbands won't come with us. I want to experience and see all the wonderful church sites there. Glad you had fun!
ReplyDelete-Loni
I am so jealous! I want to go so badly that I really can't express it. I love the pictures, thanks for sharing. Like Loni said, it looks like she and I are going to have to go on our own little girls trip. My only problem is I want to go now! I don't want to wait any longer for my Nauvoo trip.
ReplyDeleteWell, to all my gal pals that want to go... I am going to plan another trip for 2010. We'll rent the same house and shop for good flights. It really was inexpensive! We need 8-10 of us to go. So, if you're interested... let me know!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea that you were related to Cleo Cox! She comes into Natures Sunshine all the time to pick up her products! What a wonderful lady she is! Your trip looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteHey! Really nice blog! I also have one, www.trierer.blogg.se. =) It’s in English, but I actually live in Sweden. How about U?
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day =)
Leo