We need help naming our baby girl! Of course, I already had the boy name picked out! And, I have a few names that I love... but Mike doesn't share in that love with me.
So, I'm asking your help! Leave me some suggestions, either by comment or email. I don't like common names, let me word that different. I like common names, but not for my baby. I don't want her to be know as "Ella C." or "Makayla C." or "Haylee C." in her class room. I want it to be different so there's only one of them in the school. Only because I was known as "Angie D." my whole life and even had a class in 6th grade with 5 Angies in it!
(Don't take offense, I really like those names, some of my favorites... just toooo common for me. If it's in the top 100 names of the year, I can't use it. And, I think it's been suggested to me at least a dozen times to name her Ella! (Which again, I think is darling... just so many of them out there!)
So Help! We need suggestions! Mike, there will be no paying anyone to suggest Jazzlyn! Love you babe!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

what happened to icarly :) I am voting for Ireland (I'm sure that is not how you will spell it) if it is still in the running
ReplyDeleteI think you should name her Beck. I think it would be cute for a girl, but that's just me. You know I also love the name Arlington.
ReplyDeleteI've never thought of using Beck for a daughter.... mmmm, I'll have to think about that. And, of course Arlington is on my list! I love it!
ReplyDeleteGosh! Nameing kids is hard. There is so many cute names out there. My grandma's name was Maxine and I'm pretty sure there is no one else named that. J.K. I'm sure you will come up with something way cute. Good Luck and sorry I can't help you out, I suck at coming up with names no one else has.
ReplyDeleteYou know that I tend to go for boys names...boy or girl. Personally, I love Parker for a girl or Reese. Good luck with that. Your boys have such cute names. I'm sure you'll come up with something great for your girl.
ReplyDeleteAli and i vote, Xander, Capri, Meridan or Pazey - Capri Clayson is our favorite.
ReplyDeleteI really like Arlington- Cute!! Good luck!! I understand the need for a name that there isn't 6 of in a classroom. I graduated with 9 Megans. I know you'll come up with somthing amazing though.
ReplyDeleteI love the name Jazzlyn it is sooooo pretty!!!!! I only wish I had my own to daughter to name her Jazzlyn.....plus Mike got mad at me cuz I was late for work! So I didnt want to be in the dog house all day!! Sorry Angie!!
ReplyDeleteMike, What kind of boss makes his employees lie about an ugly name? Come on? :)
ReplyDeleteHaha, Jazzlyn...gotta...love it? (Sorry I have to work with him too!) Maybe you could change it to Jocelyn-it's still kind of the same.
ReplyDeleteArlington is really cute and unique.
Maren - I love the name Maren, if I didn't have a Mary and a Brynn I would have a Maren - although you might be able to come up with a cute creative spelling. But I did tell you that Hollind is growing on me!
ReplyDeleteThrough most of Heather's pregnancy with Dantley she was going to name her 'Anniston'. I've never heard it used as a first name before, but love it. You know how Heather loves last names as first names...
ReplyDeleteFunny... Anniston is actually on my list. :) !
ReplyDeleteAll the names people have suggested are cute! I'm so not good at thinking of names like that, but here are a few people I have known that are the only people I know with their name. So I don't mind if you hate all the names....just thought I'd throw them out there for ya: :)
ReplyDeleteKitsi (I think her real name is Kathleen, but hardly anyone knows that)
Tarin (long a)
Tenisha
Capri (I saw that was suggested by someone else; I really like it too)
There's also a name that I love, but it's Brazilian and I'm not sure how you'd spell it here... it's Thais (pronounced Ty-eece) so like the name Ty, then like the end of the word fleece. I didn't like it at first, but it grew on me. Anyway...didn't mean to make this a novel! :) I'm excited to hear what you come up with. :)
I still like Hattie, and of course Ireland. You could pick the ugliest name in the world, and it wouldn't matter because she will be adorable just like her mom!
ReplyDeleteCute names. I am obvioulsy not good at unique names. My friends are though. Here is some of their names.
ReplyDeleteHarley, Kansas, Austin, Brenn, Dakota, Jet (short for Juliet), ...um, I think that is all. Good luck!!
Ireland is cute! I think girl names are easier to come up with, but harder to narrow down, dont you? What about Lola? That would be kinda fun, especially for my dad, since your last name is Clayson. (he just loves it when people name their kids after his people, if ya know what I mean - LOL)We also like Fiona, Dana or Gwen. Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteRachelle... Lola is a top contender for a middle name. Also, we like Hattie after Great, Great Grandma Hattie Clayson. Even though I never met Grandma Lola, I totally love her for raising such a wonderful Grandma Cleo for me. She must of been a neat, neat lady. And, just look at all 8 of her kids. How she raised them to all be hard working, honest people. I'm so proud that we're her posterity! :)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is Jazzlyn, but if that is out of the question I think Kylee is a cute name and goes really well with Payton, Tate, and Brock!!
ReplyDeleteI really really really like Jazzlyn.
ReplyDeleteAngie Jazzlyn.... sounds cute... I also have to work with him!!!
ReplyDeleteMike, I'm definitely proud of you for coming up with a second name. My problem is there already is a Kylee Clayson in Spanish Fork. TOOOOO commong! Better though!
ReplyDeleteSERIOUSLY...Mike, blackmailing your co-workers into voting for Jazzlyn....COME ON!!!!???!!! It' not cute!!!
ReplyDelete