I'm not talking about a recipe or this dish of food. But, I'm talking about Dinner Groups. So, my good friend from high school asked me if I wanted to join this dinner group she's in. She's been doing it for a couple of years now and she loves it. Well, I was a little hesitant at first. I'm a lousy cook, not to mention I HATE to cook! I talked to Mike and his reaction was this, "Whatever makes you happy, dear." With a slight roll of his eyes.Well, I started in it at the first of the year. After the first week, Mike said... "This is the best thing we ever did!" I couldn't agree more! We now have a different variety of food to eat and try and best of all, I only cook one day a week!
This is how it works. There's four families in the group. We are each assigned a day, Monday through Thursday. My day happens to be Tuesday. So, on Tuesday I cook one meal for four families. One week I did Zuchinni Casserole. I doubled the recipe, because it really makes a lot. Then I divided it into our four "half" casserole dishes that we all share. Baked it and delivered it to the other three families. I only have to do the main course. We deliver food between 5:00 and 5:30. I'm provided a menu three months at a time, so I know what's coming for dinner every night in case I want to add a side dish.
I have to say, the idea is GENIUS! I never thought I'd like it. But, now when days are going crazy... especially Wednesday when I have my little den meeting, I don't have to worry about getting dinner ready. It will arrive before 5:30. It also saves us money. Buying in bulk to cook 4 small meals is really cheaper! Anyway, I just had to share. Now, off I go to my BBQ pork chops that just arrived. Yummy!

Angie, I found your blog off Lindsey's. I hope you don't care that I look at it and post a comment. I used to be in a dinner group with Stephanie and her sisters. It lasted for 2 1/2 years and it was WONNDERFUL. I was so sad when we quit. It truley does save you money. Not to mention not having to cook every dang day of the week. xoxoShannon
ReplyDelete